Since designers and managers want to find the “best” solutions, design problems and management decisions are always coupled with optimization. That is why meta-heuristic techniques are being increasingly used for solving structural design and maintenance management problems. Meanwhile, application of meta-heuristic algorithms to analysis problems formed an emerging method in combination with the use of minimum energy principle and the resulting method has proved to be very promising in being an alternative to classical methods. This mini symposium aims to bring together structural designers, managers and structural analists who use meta-heuristic algorithms in their works.
Mini Symposium Meta-heuristic Approaches in Design and Analysis of Structures
within The 8th European Solid Mechanics Conference ESMC2012
July 9-13, 2012, Graz Austria
Organized under the auspices of European Mechanics Society (EUROMECH)
Topics (Not exclusively) :
- Meta-heuristic algorithms (Genetic algorithms, simulated annealing, harmony search, big-bang and big-crunch algorithm, swarm optimization, ant colony optimization, bee optimization, tabu search, local search, charged system search, etc. and hybrid algorithms) applied to
- optimum design of machine parts, reinforced concrete sections, steel sections, composite sections,
- optimum design and analysis of trusses, frames, bridges, dams, and all kinds of structures,
- optimum operation, maintenance and upgrading of structures.
- Simultaneous design and analysis of structures.
- Other algorithms and applications relating the above mentioned research and application areas.
- Case studies, comparisons.
Organizers of the mini symposium :
Aniko Csebfalvi, University of Pecs,
Papers should be submitted to according to instructions given at:
- Abstract Submission Deadline - November 30, 2011
- Notification of Acceptance - January 15, 2012
- Abstract Revision - March 15, 2012
- Author Registration - April 1, 2012
- Symposium - July 9-13, 2012