TRISTAN is an international scientific conference that provides a high quality forum for the presentation of mathematical models, methodologies and computational results, and for the exchange of ideas and scientific discussions on advanced applications and technologies in transportation. The Complex Engineering Systems Institute, ISCI, would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the eighth version of the TRISTAN Triennial Symposium. The conference will take place on June 9 – 14, 2013 at San Pedro de Atacama, Chile.
TRISTAN is an international scientific conference that provides a high quality forum for the presentation of mathematical models, methodologies and computational results, and for the exchange of ideas and scientific discussions on advanced applications and technologies in transportation.
The seven previous conferences took place in Montréal (Canada, 1991), Capri (Italy, 1994), San Juan (Puerto Rico, 1998), San Miguel (Azores Islands, 2001), Le Gosier (Guadeloupe, 2004), Phuket (Thailand, 2007) and Tromso (Norway, 2010). The chosen location for TRISTAN VIII is San Pedro de Atacama, Chile. As in all previous meetings, we expect to gather top research scientists from universities and research institutes from all over the world along with scientific participants from private sectors, public agencies, and graduate students. This time, the discussions regarding state of the art methodological as well as practical issues will take place in the middle of the amazing landscapes of one of the recognized most beautiful places on earth, an island of civilization in the middle of the desert!
The conference will be held June 9 to 14, 2013, at the Kunza Hotel & Spa (www.hotelkunza.cl) in San Pedro de Atacama. Information about registration, airfares, accessibility, accommodation in San Pedro, etc., will be published soon on the official web site of the Conference, still under construction (www.tristan.cl).
· Cristián E. Cortés, Universidad de Chile (Chair)
· Michel Gendreau, CIRRELT and MAGI, École Polytechnique de Montreal
· Pablo A. Rey, Universidad Diego Portales
· Doris Sáez, Universidad de Chile
Local Organizing Committee
· Andrés Weintraub, Universidad de Chile
· Fernando Ordóñez, Universidad de Chile
· Francisco Martínez, Universidad de Chile
· Juan Carlos Muñoz, P. Universidad Católica de Chile
· Ricardo Giesen, P. Universidad Católica de Chile
· Vladimir Marianov, P. Universidad Católica de Chile
Important Dates and General Information
· Extended abstract submission open: July 2nd, 2012
· Deadline for extended abstract submission: September 28th, 2012
· Notification of acceptance: January 31st, 2013
· Deadline for early registration: April 16th, 2013
· Deadline for submission of revised extended abstracts: May 21st, 2013
· Conference: June 9th-14th, 2013
Kunza Hotel & Spa (www.hotelkunza.cl)