The 4th International Conference dedicated to Variable Neighborhood Search (IC on VNS) will be held in Málaga (Spain), 3 - 5 October 2016. More information on http://www.vnsconference2016.comVNS is a metaheuristic based on systematic changes in the neighborhood structure within a search, for solving optimization problems and related tasks. The main goal of the IC on VNS is to provide a stimulating environment in which researchers coming from various scientific fields can share and discuss their knowledge, expertise and ideas related to the VNS Metaheuristic and its applications.
The aim of the 4th International Conference on VNS is to allow specialists and practitioners on Variable Neighborhood Search to effectively screen papers and participate in lively debates.
Theory and methodology:
- Theoretical or empirical analysis of VNS
- New variants of deterministic and stochastic VNS
- Continuous global VNS
- Convergent VNS methods
- Metheuristics and VNS
- Formulation space VNS
- Multi-objective VNS
- Parallel VNS
- VNS hybrids
- Mixed integer programming
- Graphs, communication networks
- Clustering, data mining, location
- Inventory, routing, supply chains
- Packing and covering
- Discovery sciences
- Other real world problems
Conference proceedings and Book of Abstracts
- All papers accepted for presentation will be published in a special issue of Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics (ENDM) journal.
- Participants are also allowed to send just an abstract of their presentation. All the abstracts from accepted papers/talks will be published in the book of abstracts.
Publication in Special Issues
Conference chairs and Program Committee chairs are currently working in order to confirm special issues of prestigious journals, directly connected to papers presented at this conference.
Previous editions of this conference already had special issues directly related to the conference from some of the following journals:
- Computers & Operations Research
- Journal of Heuristics
- European Journal of Operational Research
- Journal of Global Optimization
- Iternational Transaction in Operational Research
- IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics
- Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics
- Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research
Participation fee covers:
- Conference participation at all sessions
- Proceedings and supporting materials
- Get together party
- Gala dinner
Participation fee amount:
- 300 EUR (250 EUR for Students), for payments made by July 15, 2016.
- 400 EUR (350 EUR for Students), for payments made after this date, with the notice that for the authors who wish their papers to be published in the Proceedings the deadline for payment is September 5, 2016.
Submission system is open
The submission system is open now! You can submit your paper through:
Please, find further instructions for your submission in the following link:
Malaga is a beautiful city situated in the South of Spain. Placed by the sea it is high tourist destination surrounded by beautiful beaches. Its heritage makes this city attractive from a cultural perspective.
No visa is required for European Union, USA, Canadian, some other European citizens and some South America countries.
Malaga has an international airport placed next to the city. It is also possible to flight to Madrid and then reach Malaga by train or by bus.
There is a fast train connecting Madrid-Malaga in about 2,5 hours. The train runs about 10 times per day in both directions. Train fares, timetables and tickets can be check and bought in advance at RENFE.
It is also possible to reach Malaga by bus from Madrid. Buses are much cheaper but the ride might take up to 6 hours.
- May 01, 2016 Paper and/or Abstract submission
- May 22, 2016 Extended deadline
- June 01, 2016 Final Deadline extension
- July 01, 2016 Acceptance notice
- July 15, 2016 Early registration ends
- July 15, 2016 Submission of papers for the proceedings ends
- September 12, 2016 Preliminary program schedule notice
- October 03, 2016 - October 05, 2016 Conference Date